£35,818 p/annum rising to £40,439 p/annum with length of service
Blackburn| Halifax | Home Working
Newground Together is a registered Charity and a member of Together Housing Group. At Newground Together (NGT) we work with communities to build better futures together. Commercial profits, social investment and external grant funding are invested into projects that bring people together and change lives. The team is committed to supporting people into jobs and training opportunities, connecting with young people and families, creating memorable outdoor experiences and providing health and wellbeing activities delivering professional community programmes to support individuals with volunteering, training and skills development
We have an excellent opportunity for a Social Value Manager to join a growing team to coordinate and facilitate delivery of Together Housing Group’s Social Value Strategy as part of Together Housings Corporate Plan 2021-26.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual social value plans and development work.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain a culture of collaboration & innovation across Together Housing service areas to maximise the group’s social value impact.
- Establish and lead relationships with key partners; across THG, supply chain partners, third sector organisations, local authorities and delivery partners to deliver social value activities in line with the Social Value Strategy.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the delivery of the Group’s Social Value activities & objectives
- Communicate Social Value performance internally and externally to position Together Housing as leader in delivering social value
Your current experience, skills and knowledge should consist of:
- Experience of Social Value generation in a construction, procurement and/or social housing context
- Leading and establishing collaborative relationships with internal and external partners, including third sector, private sector, social housing and local authorities.
- Implementing & managing social value/impact monitoring, evaluation and outcomes frameworks
- High level of communication and influencing skills combined with the ability to be open minded and collaborative
- Strong networking and influencing ability, both internally and externally
The ideal candidate would also have a good understanding of the Social Value Act and its application in social housing.
A full driving licence is required with access to a car, as travel across the group is an essential part of the role.
What you get in return
Together Housing recognises we are all different and that diversity is a strength. To further strengthen our organisation, we are seeking different voices and we will ensure all applicants will receive fair treatment, regardless of their personal characteristics, background or personal circumstances. Your difference makes us stronger and better. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment practices, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums and other services to support staff from different backgrounds.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices & opportunities to work from home
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefit as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
To hear what our team say about working at Newground & read more about the role please see https://www.newgroundtogether.co.uk/about-us/join-the-team/
Deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 15th November 2021
To apply, please click here email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of both your CV & Cover letter (which will need pasting into the application page) no more than 3 pages, outlining how you meet the Person Specification & Competencies for this role.
For further information contact:
Community Programmes Director: Nic McGrath 07912 255512
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently, and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.