Salary: £32,352 per annum
Location: Calderdale | Home Working
Temporary | 6 Months
Newground Together is a registered Charity and a member of Together Housing Group. At Newground Together (NGT) we work with communities to build better futures together. Commercial profits, social investment and external grant funding are invested into projects that bring people together and change lives. The team is committed to supporting people into jobs and training opportunities, connecting with young people and families, creating memorable outdoor experiences and providing health and wellbeing activities delivering professional community programmes to support individuals with volunteering, training and skills development
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to coordinate Newground’s Greener Together Programme in Calderdale, in this role you will responsible for all contractual performance in line with the programme requirements and guidelines, ensuring performance targets and compliance requirements are met or exceeded and where appropriate, corrective action is taken.
You will be working closely work with the Community Programmes Manager to achieve continuous improvement within the team by developing new ideas, seeking out best practice and taking account of feedback.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Provide effective leadership and programme management of the community programme.
- Proven ability to work with Managers, coordinators and cross functional teams to ensure that there is a consistent, integrated offer developed and maintained
- Strong relationships with partner agencies and contractors, with a view to developing joint activities and securing additional income for Newgrounds activities
- Sound contract/funding management ensuring funding obligations and targets are met or exceeded
- Partnership working with local agencies
- Working in the third sector
Your current experience, skills and knowledge should consist of:
- A Successful track record in programme management and delivery of employability programmes for unemployed and hard to reach groups.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff, and promoting a culture that meets the needs of funding bodies, service participants and staff.
- Be able to Demonstrable experience, knowledge and understanding of contract and budget management, including experience of managing contracts funded through central government sources
- Experience of operationalising new initiatives, and establishing and driving forward new structures, policies and processes.
- Experience of establishing effective working links with internal and external agencies including development and management of delivery partners, partnership boards and funding providers.
- Knowledge of issues relating to employment and skills policy and programme development
The ideal candidate will also hold a Degree Level Qualification or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
This role is subject to a full enhanced DBS check, which Together Housing will support the ideal candidate through
A full driving licence is required with access to a car, as travel across West Yorkshire is an essential part of the role.
What you get in return
Together Housing recognises we are all different and that diversity is a strength. To further strengthen our organisation, we are seeking different voices and we will ensure all applicants will receive fair treatment, regardless of their personal characteristics, background or personal circumstances. Your difference makes us stronger and better. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment practices, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums and other services to support staff from different backgrounds.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices & opportunities to work from home
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefit as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
To hear what our team say about working at Newground & read more about the role please see https://www.newgroundtogether.co.uk/about-us/join-the-team/
Deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 17th October 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 1st November 2021
To apply, please click here or email email@example.com a copy of both your CV & Cover letter (which will need pasting into the application page) no more than 3 pages, outlining how you meet the Person Specification & Competencies for this role.
For further information contact:
Community Programmes Director: Nic McGrath 07912 255512
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently, and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.