Finance & Monitoring Assistant
Calderdale & Home Working
£17,894 p/annum rising to £21,737 p/annum with length of service
Temporary – 3 years
With the current situation, we are looking for someone who can work from home as well as in the office .
This post is part funded by the European Social fund, from January 2021 to December 2023, the continuation of the post after that date will depend on alternative funding and activity being identified.
Newground Together is a social enterprise and a member of Together Housing Group, with the aim of empowering people to create sustainable communities that are connected, resilient, healthy and prosperous to achieve our ambition; better lives and opportunities for our communities.
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Employment & Skills team in West Yorkshire, based in Calderdale, as a Finance & Monitoring Assistant, leading on all related fields for the brand new, Moving Forward Together programme.
We know that staff are key to our success and we are seeking people with ambition, creativity and commitment to our values to help us achieve the best for the people of Calderdale.
The Moving Forward Together programme aims to upskill and find gainful employment for all candidates. As part of this offer you will;
- Assist the production of information required for monthly claims
- To maintain & audit project claim files to an auditable standard
- To support the setting up and maintenance of internal systems (both manual and computerized) in order to meet contractual compliance)
- To maintain financial records and databases to contribute to efficient and accurate reporting
- Liaise with the Finance Officer to provide analysis of service charge information as required and within deadlines.
You will need the following key skills, knowledge & experience to work as a Finance & Monitoring Assistant;
- Proven experience of providing business administration support in social housing or employment sectors
- Experience of working with a broad range of customers.
- An ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload
- Experience of working cooperatively in a team and contributing to the team, demonstrating a flexible approach
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds to join the team, and we offer great flexibility and benefits to support you throughout your career with us, including:
- Up to 32 days holiday, with the option to buy or sell extra days
· Excellent pension scheme
· Company sponsored cashback health plan
· A range of voluntary tax efficient benefits including Cycle to Work, TechScheme and preventative health screenings
· Access to thousands of retail and leisure discounts
· Access to a range of financial wellbeing products including low interest loans, savings and financial education
· A wide range of personal and professional development opportunities
The closing date for applications is 9AM 16th March with interviews being held digitally week commencing 23rd March.
Complete the online application form by clicking apply now or alternatively email your CV & a covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description from the top of the page & ensure your CV matches the requirements of the role.
The project is receiving up to £467,625 of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation
Together Housing particularly encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented.