£28,886 p/annum rising to £33,509 p/annum with length of service
Halifax | Wakefield | Home Working
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to lead an energetic & motivated team? Are you ready to take on a challenging & rewarding role?
Is so we could have just the job for you!
Newground Together is a registered Charity and a member of Together Housing Group. At Newground Together (NGT) we work with communities to build better futures together. Commercial profits, social investment and external grant funding are invested into projects that bring people together and change lives. The team is committed to supporting people into jobs and training opportunities, connecting with young people and families, creating memorable outdoor experiences and providing health and wellbeing activities delivering professional community programmes to support individuals with volunteering, training and skills development.
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to coordinate Newground Together’s Employment & Skills and Youth & Community Work programmes Wakefield and Calderdale, leading and motivating the team to deliver a range of fantastic projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Effective leadership and management of project teams supporting people with multiple barriers to access support & help, and achieve their personal goals
- Proven ability to work with Managers, coordinators and cross functional teams to ensure that there is a consistent, integrated offer developed and maintained
- Sound contract/funding management ensuring funding obligations and targets are met or exceeded
- Strong relationships with partner agencies and contractors, with a view to developing joint activities and securing additional income for Newgrounds activities
- Partnership working with local agencies
- Working in the third sector
Your current experience, skills and knowledge should consist of:
- Engaging with & supporting people with multiple needs and breaking down barriers to work
- Good understanding of the challenges associated with poverty, unemployment, debt and mental health & wellbeing
- Experience of networking and partnership working and development, within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors
- Knowledge of national as well as local programmes relating to community support and employability.
- Knowledge of policies and legislation relating to young people and vulnerable adults
- A quality driven approach
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and managing safeguarding referrals across both adults and young people
This role is subject to a full enhanced DBS check, which Together Housing will support the ideal candidate through
A full driving licence is required with access to a car, as travel across West Yorkshire is an essential part of the role.
What you get in return
Together Housing recognises we are all different and that diversity is a strength. To further strengthen our organisation, we are seeking different voices and we will ensure all applicants will receive fair treatment, regardless of their personal characteristics, background or personal circumstances. Your difference makes us stronger and better. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment practices, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums and other services to support staff from different backgrounds.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices & opportunities to work from home
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefit as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
To hear what our team say about working at Newground & read more about the role please see https://www.newgroundtogether.co.uk/about-us/join-the-team/
Deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
Interviews will be held on Monday 1st November 2021
To apply, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of both your CV & Cover letter (which will need pasting into the application page) no more than 3 pages, outlining how you meet the Person Specification & Competencies for this role.
For further information contact:
Community Programmes Director: Nic McGrath 07912 255512
Community Programmes Manager (East): Emily Pearson 07947 567711
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently, and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.